Bug - When using copy function for a password on the web it shifts over and buries itself.

When in 1Password online.

Select an entry
Copy password
the populated field on the password entry will then shift left and hide amongst the list of entries that are returned by the search criteria.

1Password Version: Web
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

Welcome to the forum, @PebbleDan! I'm not sure what you mean. Looking at our web app in Chrome, here's what I see:

Is that different from what you see?

• PebbleDan
    PebbleDan
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

This is different from what I see.

I have taken a screen recording but it does not match file types allowed to be attached.

I have .avi, .flv, .mp4 recordings.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@PebbleDan: Some people upload to YouTube, as an unindexed video, which can be linked here. Otherwise you can send us a link (or a video under 20MB) to support@1password.com and let us know the Support ID you receive. :)

• PebbleDan
    PebbleDan
    Community Member

Hi,

Due to not being able to upload the video.

I've performed some testing of my own (thought it would help your side of things)

When Grammarly is enabled as an extension this bug occurs.
    My browser is Google chrome: 72.0.3626.121

The bug does not occur when the Grammarly extension is turned off.

I'll send the video through and update the thread with the Support ID.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That makes sense. Thanks for the additional info. Indeed, we can't really stop other software from interfering, but we'll see if there's some way to work around it in the future. Worth mentioning, it's not a great idea to have other extensions installed that have permission to read everything you do in your browser, including sensitive information you save and fill with 1Password. It would be better to create a separate Chrome profile for that.

• PebbleDan
    PebbleDan
    Community Member

Thanks for the concern.

Something I do follow,
    This was a user reported issue so i had to explore every possibility and combination.

Just thought letting you guys know would be best practice.

• Thanks @PebbleDan. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.