I have just tried to use my Mac devices to open 1Password & a 'Welcome to 1Password' comes up.

michaelscruton
michaelscruton
Community Member

I normally use 1 of my 4 devices when away. Last week the 'Login' list did not appear and a 'Welcome' page inviting me to start using 1Password6 did & took me in circles. I have been using 1Password for years, what has gone wrong? MS

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: AOL
Referrer: forum-search:In my Mac devices 1Password treats me as a non member & offers free membership?

Comments

• Hi @michaelscruton

I normally use 1 of my 4 devices when away. Last week the 'Login' list did not appear and a 'Welcome' page inviting me to start using 1Password6 did & took me in circles. I have been using 1Password for years, what has gone wrong?

It sounds like this device either hasn't yet been set up with 1Password, or, for whatever reason, needs to be re-setup. Before we get started 1Password 6 is now retired and is no longer being updated. 1Password 7 is the current version. 1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.