Bug: Settings Screen looks odd

peacekeeper
peacekeeper
Community Member

Dear 1Password-Team,

I just realized the Settings-Screen in the latest Mac version (AgileBits Store version) looks odd in German. I think the text spacing went wrong.

Additionally when the App is locked under "Accounts" the button for "Subscription" active is still clickable and then there's an error that empty login credentials are not allowed. I think it would be better if you couldn't click on anything there in the locked state.

Also I would prefer it if the first characters of the Secret Key would be hidden in the locked stage, but this is not a bug.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited March 2019

Hi @peacekeeper ,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know. I've raised the two issues with the development team.

FYI, the first two characters of your Secret Key are the version number (“A3”) followed by a 6‑character identifier, both of which are known to us and used to aid in troubleshooting. The characters following that are what you need to keep secret.

See this link for more information: https://support.1password.com/secret-key-security/#learn-more

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: apple-3225, apple-3224

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

Hi @ag_kevin,

thanks your your quick reply.

FYI, the first two characters of your Secret Key are the version number (“A3”) followed by a 6‑character identifier, both of which are known to us and used to aid in troubleshooting. The characters following that are what you need to keep secret.

Maybe I should have read the documentation more thoroughly :dizzy:

Thanks again and have a great day!

• Glad to help!

Cheers,
    Kevin

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

Hi @ag_kevin,

I just found another text spacing issue in German on the "Advanced"-Settings. The text of the last line gets cut out.
    Would be nice if that could be fixed as well.

Many Thanks!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2019

Thanks @peacekeeper. I'll let development know about that one too.

Ben

ref: apple-3313

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

Much appreciated @Ben!

• No problem at all. :+1: Thanks for reporting it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.