Autofill not working in 7.3.BETA-1 [will be fixed in 7.3.BETA-2]

2»

Comments

• KennethS
    KennethS
    Community Member

On my Mac mini (2018) running the latest beta build of macOS 10.14.3, the new 7.3 beta 1 of 1Password won’t stay running and requires me to keep re-launching the app and inputting my master password. It does not appear to be a hard crash, but it keeps shutting itself down for some reason.

• Taz77
    Taz77
    Community Member

+1 Same here. New beta will not fill password on Mac in any browser.

• Taz77
    Taz77
    Community Member

This rather amplifies the need for a Beta rollback feature for those of us who are willing to test new code but at the same time, need it to work.

• johnclay
    johnclay
    Community Member

Not working on macOS 10.13.6 or 10.14.3 for me, either.

• ejr
    ejr
    Community Member

Same here plus CMD+O does not "auto pin" the selected item

• ejr
    ejr
    Community Member

Besides the constant crash and the Autofill bug for sites and CC, there is no shortcut for the "Pin it" item which previously was CMD+O

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

Same symptoms - No autofill, repeated requests for password. Reboot does not make any difference (latest release Mojave, Safari, Firefox). The "Pin" is confusing because of change in nomnclature and, especially, location. Most users expect these things near or on the Menu bar or at the top of the window for all kinds of applications. Keep carpal tunnels in mind, please.

! Clicking on the Menu Bar icon no longer shows Favorites (or anything else except browser window related items) if a web browser window is open.

I sent in my diagnostic report about 4 AM local.

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

Here is an interesting log entry. There are many similar entries in just 10 minutes of log.

2019-03-14 09:09:43.550443-0400 localhost trustd[377]: [com.apple.securityd:SecWarning] Entitlement com.apple.security.application-groups=(
    "2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits"
    ) is ignored because of invalid application signature or incorrect provisioning profile
    2019-03-14 09:09:43.555481-0400 localhost pkd[392]: [com.apple.PlugInKit:ops] Candidate plugin count: 1, info: (
    "com.agilebits.onepassword7.1PasswordSafariAppExtension(7.3.BETA-1) DEBF76C9-5E45-4C31-A4F2-2C8EC9CC1486"

• servicesound
    servicesound
    Community Member

Any idea when Beta-2 is going to be released please?
    Running Mac 10.14.3 and Safari

• @servicesound,

It is now.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Just downloaded "beta-2" - "operation normal" concerning this particular "autofill not working" bug. :)

• @AustriaXL,

Thanks for the update :) :+1:

• This discussion was created from comments split from: New 1Password mini Now in Beta!.
  • All,

if you've posted an issue other than autofill along side your comment that AutoFill stopped working, please make a separate thread in the beta forum for your issue.

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Can no longer access Favorited and Tags in mini from the extension..
  • TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

I go to Citicards to log in. I click the extension button in Safari. The window opens with the correct account selected. I click Autofill, and the window closes, but the username and password aren't autofilled.

1Password Version: 7.3b1
    Extension Version: Safari
    OS Version: 1-.14.3
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Now that's fast. Yes, fixed in b2.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member

Autofill is working again! Thanks for the quick fix.

• bennie
    bennie
    Community Member

@rudy : Thanks for getting the autofill fixed for all of us. Much appreciated!

Can I just ask though, how did such a severity one issue get past your quality assurance team? Just seems that your testing process failed on the #1 requirement of 1password.

Otherwise, nice work on the update! Keep being brilliant!

• Hi @bennie. That's a valid question. In this case we pushed out an update with a different filling "brain" than we thought we were using and didn't run it through QA before we did so.

• johnclark
    johnclark
    Community Member

After an update to 1Password yesterday, the auto fill using keystroke Cmd\ worked again! But today after another update via auto update, the keystroke quit working...unable to change in preferences....
    1Password 7
    Version 7.3.BETA-3 (70300003)
    AgileBits Beta

Also, how to find the Password creator....seems to have disappeared.
    March 14, 2019

1Password Version: 7.3.BETA-3 (70300003)
    Extension Version: 7.3 Beta 2
    OS Version: OS X 10.14.3 (18D109)
    Sync Type: iCloud
    Referrer: forum-search:keystroke for autofill Cmd/ not working

• Hi there @johnclark. If you quit and relaunch your browser does that bring the keyboard shortcut back?

If you are looking to create a new password you can find that here:

This discussion has been closed.