To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Downloaded 1Password V7 on my macbook to upgrade from V6. Have account already but cant logon.

rhamilton11
rhamilton11
Community Member

going crazy trying to establish a membership moving from a legacy mac version (V6>V7)

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Downloaded 1Password V7 on my macbook to upgrade from V6. Have account already but cant logon.

Comments

• rhamilton11
    rhamilton11
    Community Member

When it asks from my email address it says that it already exists in your database. When I go back and try to log on, it asks for a secret key that I do not have! I have been using 1Password for probably 8-10 years. I have paid for previous licences but don't recall any secret key!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rhamilton11: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Otherwise, you would have been using 1Password as a standalone app with local vaults, using a license for a particular version.

However, if you mean that you're getting a message saying that there is already an account under that address, that would be because you signed up for one (since we introduced memberships about 3 years ago) and forgot about it, maybe never used it. You can delete the account and sign up for a new one. This guide will take you through signing up, migrating your data, and setting up your other devices:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

And if you have any questions along the way, we can help. :)

This discussion has been closed.