To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrate logins to personal account from business account.

mckalexee
mckalexee
Community Member

I have a teams account currently, and I've signed up for a separate family account.

I want to move items from my team account to my personal/family account, but I can't seem to figure out how. The only way I can see to do it is to either buy a Mac, or uninstall 1Password 7 from my computer and install 1Password 4.

To give more context, I have a Windows PC, a Linux PC, and an android phone.

Any help here would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 11.14.2
OS Version: Windows 10, Ubuntu 18.04, Android 9
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mckalexee: Just to clarify, it's generally best to not save personal stuff in a work account and vice versa -- especially since you could be removed the from the company account if you leave, etc.

So if you're trying to get away from that by having multiple 1Password accounts, one thing you might consider is that a 1Password Business membership also includes a 1Password Families membership for each person in the company, to help keep things separate. Even if you later leave the company, the 1Password Families membership will just be disconnected from that, so you can setup billing for it yourself, without needing to change accounts or anything.

Regarding transferring some data, you just need to sign into both accounts in the app, and then it's easy to move items between those vaults:

https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.