To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How much installation should I made?

mitja
mitja
Community Member

I signed for a family plan with 5 members, but couldn't understand if my more than 5 machines (Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, Linux) will occupy all the 5 slots and the 6th one will be out, or all my machines belong to one member, thus allowing me to add other members with more than 1 appliance? (my wife 4 appliances, my son 5).

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Mac OS 10.14
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

A family plan is for up to 5 people. In includes all the devices these people own (given that an 1Password exists for the platform). Thus you are one member and can connect all your devices, your wife will be one member with all your devices and your son will be one member of your family account as well (connecting all his devices). Two member-"slots" would stay vacant in that setup.

• mitja
    mitja
    Community Member

Thanks for the info.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

peacekeeper is right on. Indeed, think of it this way: 1Password is paid for per person; so when you (or a family member, etc.) have a 1Password account through the membership, you just sign in on each of your devices to authorize them and access your data -- no license management or sync configuration necessary. Cheers! :)

• mitja
    mitja
    Community Member

thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mitja - you're quite welcome! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.