Migrated to v7 on Mac and new personal vault says rejected by Server 1116??

a.raines
a.raines
Community Member

Just purchased a new Mac and transferred all data to it from previous one. 1Password synced via iCloud and it works ok on Mac & iPhone.
I kept seeing the 'upgrade to v7' pop ups, so did that. Now I've subscribed on the 30 day trial & have an emergency key etc.
But, when the migration happened I now see a new personal vault, but in it there is no info. There are the correct number items in the vault, but no info on each. All say 'rejected by server 1116'.
What does this mean? and how can I rectify it?
I don't want to delete my old primary account on iCloud until this has migrated properly.
Thanks for your answers.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: OSX 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @a.raines! I’m sorry for the trouble.

Where exactly are you seeing that error message? Can you please post a screenshot of it so I can make sure we are on the same page? Just make sure to erase any personal information before uploading (if there are any)!

I am looking forward to hearing back from you! :)

• a.raines
    a.raines
    Community Member

On the 1password7 application on my Mac. Since then, I have manually copied all items from what was the iCloud primary vault to the new personal account and deleted the iCloud vault. It all seemed to work, but now I have no iCloud sync option on the Mac and on my iPhone 1password has lost all the passwords.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@a.raines

now I have no iCloud sync option on the Mac

This is normal. When you remove your Primary vault, the sync options are hidden in the app to avoid confusion, since sync happens automatically through your 1Password account. Because sync is already working automatically, the iCloud sync option is removed from the app because it is now unnecessary.

my iPhone 1password has lost all the passwords

Is it possible that your iPhone only has the Primary vault that was synced to iCloud right now? If you moved all your items to your personal account, you need to add that 1Password account to the iPhone app too. Only this way can the iPhone know the new location of your 1Password data.

Once you have added your 1Password account to the iPhone app, everything should be in sync once again.

Please let me know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.