How about changing the way of providing master password?

Hi, I have a suggestion for 1Password X on Chrome. I use the latest Windows, Chrome and 1Password X.

I am tired of entering the master password all the time, and I am aware that decreasing the auto-lock time is not safe. I believe LastPass does better in this. You could learn it from HERE. I strongly suggest that 1Password X provide a setting like that. Besides, I hope that Windows Hello, PIN, etc. could replace the long and inconvenient master password after login for the first time on a device.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.14.2
OS Version: Windows 10 1809
Sync Type: 1Password X

Comments

• @eric_the_red

I'm not sure I see us going in the same direction LastPass has gone here, though I suppose that is something we can consider. We would like to do more with Windows Hello, and do now have Touch ID unlocking on Mac, but we really need to be sure we're making sensible choices in that regard. There are some things about Windows Hello that require close evaluation before moving forward.

Thanks for the feedback on this.

Ben

• eric_the_red
    eric_the_red
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. @Ben

What I suggest is not trying to make a "revolution" of how 1Password works. I am just saying 1Password could give users a chance to choose how 1Password works, and the default settings could undoubtedly maintain the same. It could make everyone comfortable, couldn't it?

I am looking forward to Windows Hello on 1Password X. Thank everyone in the team.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

Thanks for your feedback, @eric_the_red. :) Giving people a choice is something we want to consider, as long as we can make sure the security aspect isn't compromised.

As a fellow Windows user, I also look forward to the prospect of Windows Hello coming to 1Password X. ;)

This discussion has been closed.