Bank of America on 1P7 giving strange behavior

Options

I just upgraded to 1P7 (on High Sierra & Safari 12.0.3). My old BofA login from 1P6 was not working properly so I deleted it and created a new one. I am now seeing the following behavior:

1. If the site is already open in Safari when I select "Fill", it fills in the "Online ID" and the "Passcode" fields but does NOT sign in. I am able to click Sign In manually and login.
  2. If the site is NOT open and I select "Open & Fill" from 1P7, it opens the site, fills in the "Online ID", then moves to the "Passcode" field. As it begins to fill in the passcode, the Online ID field is erased. In addition, it does NOT sign in (which I guess is good because the login would fail because of the blank Online ID!!)

Anyone else seen this behavior?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: WLAN Server

Comments

• bfnlaw
    bfnlaw
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if this is related, but chase.com no longer works for me as well, with different behavior:
    1. If the site is already open in Safari when I select "Fill", it fills the Username & Password fields, but does NOT login (I can complete the login manually by clicking on "Sign In"
    2. If the site is NOT open when I select "Open&Fill", it just opens the page, but does NOT fill in the fields or attempt to login.

Getting really disappointed with 1P now; 3 out of 3 of my financial related web logins do not work properly; come on guys...

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hi @bfnlaw.

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for your report. Let's tackle things in order:

My old BofA login from 1P6 was not working properly so I deleted it and created a new one.

If my memory serves me right, Bank of America needed some manual tweaking to get the login to fill properly with 1Password 6. What exactly do you mean when you say not working properly?

If the site is already open in Safari when I select "Fill", it fills in the "Online ID" and the "Passcode" fields but does NOT sign in. I am able to click Sign In manually and login.

This change is expected. Mojave's security improvements no longer allow for scripts to emulate keystrokes, which is how we were previously autosubmitting filled credentials – this change means we're no longer supporting autosubmit in 1Password for Mac 7.2 and later. If you were using 1Password 6 with Mojave, you'd be getting an error message instead of autosubmit working.

Personally I was a huge fan of autosubmit, but after a few months with Mojave and 1Password 7 I find I miss it much less than I thought – and I certainly don't miss autosubmit on pages where filling hasn't worked as expected!

If the site is NOT open and I select "Open & Fill" from 1P7, it opens the site, fills in the "Online ID", then moves to the "Passcode" field. As it begins to fill in the passcode, the Online ID field is erased. In addition, it does NOT sign in (which I guess is good because the login would fail because of the blank Online ID!!)

Unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate the behavior you're seeing. Can you please try saving a new login manually and see if the behavior changes with that new login?

Chase - 2. If the site is NOT open when I select "Open&Fill", it just opens the page, but does NOT fill in the fields or attempt to login.

Unfortunately, I can't replicate this behavior either. Does the site take a long time to load? It's possible that the filling times out if the site doesn't load in time. Additionally, which URL does your Chase login item have?

Getting really disappointed with 1P now; 3 out of 3 of my financial related web logins do not work properly; come on guys...

I would probably feel the same if I were you, and I'm sorry about that. What's the third site? I'd be happy to take a look. Edit: I now see that it's iberiabank.com from the other forum thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/99328/cannot-create-multi-page-login-for-iberiabank-com#latest

This discussion has been closed.