trouble connecting to my apps

Chris3200topher
Chris3200topher
Community Member

Got 1password set up but when once I enter password am not asked to save it to 1Password. HELP. When I open my vault & try to Open & Fill I still have to manually enter my username & password????

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have set-up 1 Password credit cards, etc. in my vault.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Chris3200topher! Welcome to the forum!

Have you installed the 1Password browser extension for your browser of choice already? If you haven't, you can do it from here.

Once you install it, it will allow you to open and fill and will prompt you to save your logins when you sign up on websites.

I hope this helps!

• Chris3200topher
    Chris3200topher
    Community Member

Maybe It's that I don't know how to login to my site correctly. For example, my Delta Air Lines app. I am going to my vault, selecting Delta, then clicking Open & Fill & it takes me to Delta but I have to fill in my username & password. It never asks me if I want to save to 1Password????

• Chris3200topher
    Chris3200topher
    Community Member

Do I go to a website & login before I enter that site in 1Password?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Chris3200topher

Maybe It's that I don't know how to login to my site correctly. For example, my Delta Air Lines app. I am going to my vault, selecting Delta, then clicking Open & Fill & it takes me to Delta but I have to fill in my username & password. It never asks me if I want to save to 1Password????

If the item is already inside 1Password, it will not ask you to save it again, unless you change your login details (your password on the website, for example).

Do I go to a website & login before I enter that site in 1Password?

This comes down to personal preference. You can create the login in 1Password first, and then use it to login, or you can login to the website, and 1Password will prompt you to save the new login item. Both are valid methods.

If your Delta Airlines item is already saved inside 1Password, when you login 1Password will not ask you to save it again, or you would end up with a duplicate item.

I have to ask again however: have you installed the 1Password browser extension already? If 1Password is not able to even fill your logins on the page, it is very likely because the browser extension is not installed.

• Chris3200topher
    Chris3200topher
    Community Member

OK, thanks. Let me try that.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Chris3200topher, great! :)

Please let me know how it goes and if you have any question ;)

• Chris3200topher
    Chris3200topher
    Community Member

Thanks for your suggestion. 1Password shows the correct Delta password but when I "Open & Fill" it has my username but no password. Darned if I know what to do.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Chris3200topher - how did the Delta Login item originally get into 1Password? What specific steps did you take to get it there? Did you do it this way? Or some other way?

This discussion has been closed.