One Sign in but showing multiple options

Mark Iovino
Mark Iovino
Community Member

I only have 1 login for a particular site but when I select 1password to assist in Auto fill a list of several show up. Usually it's the last one that is correct.

Is there a way to remove our not allow the previous ones (usually they are old passwords but makes it real difficult to know which one is correct)

Tia

Comments

• Hi @Mark Iovino

You can delete any extraneous login items from 1Password by launching the 1Password app, selecting Categories at the bottom of the screen, and then selecting Logins. That should show you a complete listing. If there are items that contain old passwords you can delete them there.

That said, are you sure these items are coming from 1Password? If you look in the Settings app under Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords is iCloud Keychain (or anything other than 1Password) enabled?

Please let me know how you make out.

Ben

• Mark Iovino
    Mark Iovino
    Community Member

When selecting the passwords button on the browser, then 1password, a list of logins appears. Attached is an example. I only have 2 logins saved yet all of these show. Some with old passwords

• @Mark Iovino

Please open the 1Password app and navigate to Settings > Password AutoFill. Give 1Password a few moments to update the Password AutoFill cache, and then try this again. Do you still see more results than you're expecting?

Ben

• Mark Iovino
    Mark Iovino
    Community Member

Still getting the same results

• @Mark Iovino

Can you please use the vault switcher at the top left of 1Password (in the 1Password app) to switch to each vault shown there, and in each do a search for "Optium" (without the quotes).

Please let me know what it turns up.

Ben

• Mark Iovino
    Mark Iovino
    Community Member

Assumed it was a typo for OPTIMUM. No results in the other 2 vaults.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

Hi @Mark Iovino,

I have one more question for you if you don't mind: are these additional entries items that have been stored inside your 1Password at a certain point in time (which you then perhaps deleted), or are they showing up for no particular reason?

Thank you!

• Mark Iovino
    Mark Iovino
    Community Member

some are old passwords, some are deleted

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Mark Iovino

Is the 1Password app on your phone up to date? I noticed you didn't mention this yet, and while I am not sure it could make a difference, I suppose it doesn't hurt to check :)

• Mark Iovino
    Mark Iovino
    Community Member

Yes. It's up to date

I think i found the problem but need a solution.

When i select the "passwords" selection above the keyboard then 1password, a list of multiple logins appears. After looking through a few, they are a list of ALL logins from every vault i have even though I have it set to open to a specific vault. Is there a way to default it to one vault when selecting "1Password" after selecting passwords for auto fill in iphone?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2019

At present results in Password AutoFill will always show results from all vaults. We are considering changes in that area, but at present it isn't possible to change this. That's why I asked for you to check the contents of each vault. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will add a note for development that you'd appreciate this functionalty.

Ben

• Mark Iovino
    Mark Iovino
    Community Member

Understandable but I'm still getting logins with old passwords

• @Mark Iovino

Are those logins in your 1Password vaults? If not you can refresh the Password AutoFill cache by opening 1Password > Settings > Password AutoFill and waiting for the banner at the top to disappear.

If after that you're still seeing erronious results, and they are not in any of your 1Password vaults, I'd recommend checking that 1Password is the only credential provider that you have enabled for the Password AutoFill feature. You can check that in the Settings app under Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords. 1Password should be the only option checked.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.