Quick field copying differs for credit cards and login items

When autofill fails for a credit card item, copying fields manually is needed. But why do credit card items have their items hidden on the second level of the context menu in the mini app window?

With logins, I do right click -> password -> quick copy icon

But with credit cards, I need to do right click -> copy -> number -> quick copy icon

Are there any plans to make this consistent through all item types?

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: N/A
Referrer: forum-search:Quick field copying differs for credit cards and login items

Comments

• There's a bit of a conflict of interest between keeping those context menus from getting out of hand and ensuring all data is easily accessible for sure, @finwe. Logins are pretty easy – most of the time they have three fields tops (username, password, OTP) – so it makes sense to put those in the "root" context menu with anything additional available in the second level. I think perhaps something similar could be reasonable for credit cards as well, but if we consider the fields generally required on checkout forms, it's a decent sized list. Name on card, card type, number, expiry date (sometimes split between two fields, if the site wants to make me grumpy), and CVV at the very least. I think having at the very least number, expiry date and CVV available in the root context menu would make sense. That's just three fields and those are the values you're essentially guaranteed to need. I don't know what the plans are for non-Login items, but I agree fewer clicks and mouse scoots are always better, so I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to the team. :chuffed:

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

Thanks for considering this!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@finwe: We are always looking at ways to improve 1Password, so your feedback is really appreciated. :) Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.