Autofilling in settings menus, Android 9

MortuZ
MortuZ
Community Member

I'm having a few issues/frustrations with 1Password on Android, had these issues on my old Nokia 7 Plus, and now on my Samsung Galaxy S10e, I want to see if this is something that can be solved.

When I'm going into the settings app, then going to protected areas, as biometric and locking screen parts, where I need to enter my designated PIN code to unlock those parts, 1Password first prompts me if I want to autofill with a saved password, after I enter my PIN, then it asks if I want to save it as a password.

I'll give a video on how this looks, it is one of the few things that keeps me away from switching to Android on fulltime, because many apps aren't as fluid and polished as on iOS.

Is there any way I can prevent autofill in the settings menu, but still keep it working in other apps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqUryyaO1Uk

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9 (One UI 1.1)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

It's a good point. I believe we may be able to disable autofill in Settings...but not only in specific menus, etc., and then that would mean not being able to do things like save and fill Wi-Fi passwords. I don't know how often that gets used, but I have utilized it a few times. We'll look into it. Alternatively you could disable Autofill for 1Password and just use the Accessibility option.

• MortuZ
    MortuZ
    Community Member

I don't know if this is technically possible, but would it be possible to make an option in 1PW where you could disable autofill in just the settings app? And keep it working in applications outside of settings?

I think that would solve this "frustration / issue" in a good way, by being able to disable autofill in settings, but have it working everywhere else.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Again, I don't think that's possible, but it's something we can look into. :)

This discussion has been closed.