Myfingerprint will not register on 1password. I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 mobile

lafaye63
lafaye63
Community Member

Hi. My fingerprint works on my phone to unlock it so I know it's working. I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 mobile.
But it won't work on 1passport. Help!

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Myfingerprint will not register on 1password. I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 mobile

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lafaye63: Did you enable the fingerprint feature in 1Password Settings > Security? What exactly is happening?

• lafaye63
    lafaye63
    Community Member

I go to 'Security' in 1passport settings..then 'Fingerprint unlock'. Having turned on that toggle, it gives me an 'Enable Fingerprint: ( touch fingerprint sensor) box.
    I touch the fingerprint place but nothing happens, and in the end I have to touch 'Cancel' to remove that box from my screen. It just won't work. The fingerprint thing works fine on the my phone in general so it's not my phone I don't think....

• toptom
    toptom
    Community Member

Same on my Samsung S9.

I try to setup up the fingerprint:

'Enable Fingerprint: ( touch fingerprint sensor) box'

it takes my input, but the toggle stay disabled

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

Thanks for clarifying. Some other folks who have reported similar issues with Samsung devices have found that removing all fingerprints in the device settings, restarting the device, adding the fingerprints back in device settings, and re-enabling Fingerprint Unlock in 1Password did the trick. Please give that a try and let me know if it helps win your case. :)

ref: android-466

This discussion has been closed.