Why is my 2 factor verification code is different between iOS and 1password.com?

I use 2 factor with reddit. When I copy/paste the ode into reddit from my browser , reddit says it's invalid. When I copy the same code from 1password on IOS and then paste it in my browser than it works. Any idea why the 2 factor codes are different b/t 1password.com vs iOS? P.S. this situation only applies to reddit. I use 2 factor with plenty of other services via 1password but I only have issues with reddit. Thanks in advance

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why is my 2 factor verification code is different between iOS and 1password.com?

Comments

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @lamborghini600! :smile:

The 2FA code on reddit is working fine for me. I've only seen this happen in cases where the computer clock was slightly off. Please try re-syncing your computer clock and see if that helps.

Which OS and browser are you using? I can try to match your setup and see if it makes any difference.

• lamborghini600
    lamborghini600
    Community Member

chrome on windows 10

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lamborghini600: The time that a TOTP code is accepted will vary from one service to another. Did you check the time/date/zone settings on each device? If they disagree with the server, the code will not work. Setting the time/date manually can help, if your device is being a bit lax of setting it correctly on its own. :)

• @lamborghini600,

No difficulties with that setup here. Please try following these instructions to sync your clock:

How to set your time and time zone

Ben

This discussion has been closed.