Updating my Identity so that "name" will always be filled in

Options

Using safari 12.0.3, there's a certain website I go to where there's a box that contains "name (required)" as the default, and while I have "name" filled out in my Identity, that box doesn't fill, while others do. How can I determine what it's looking for in my Identity and/or update my Identity so that it will fill?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @martinliss,

So there are a couple of possibilities. If you find this Identity item correctly fills your name on other sites then it could be we need to consider improving 1Password's detection. A good site to use for testing is Amazon if you have an Amazon account. It's one I test routinely hence knowing that if you go to the Accounts screen and then add an address you'll reach a form that tests most of the fields an Identity item can fill and one where things should work. If it fails to fill the name field here it could be something odd about this particular Identity item but if it fills then I suspect we may need to learn a bit more about the site where it is failing.

1. Is it a site where we might be able to easily reach the same page?
    2. Is it a site that you could share the URL for? If you don't want to in our public support forum we could move the conversation to email.
    3. Is it a form you need to routinely fill?
  • martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the long delay, I apparently missed the notification of your post. In any case the offending URL is

https://act.credoaction.com/sign/netneutrality-march2019?t=5&akid=31962.2079533.ZtZPUw

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the URL, @martinliss! :smile:

I've filed an issue for this site a while ago, but we still didn't get to fixing it. I can't make any promises when and if we'll get to it, but it's definitely on our radar. I'll make sure to update this thread as soon as we make progress. :smile:

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#400

This discussion has been closed.