1Password7 keeps crashing on start

Hey, I wrote you a support email on saturday, but it seems I have to use the forum to get support: I was perfectly happy with 1Password 4 but since the chrome extension stopped working I upgraded to 7 and bought a new license. Install and vault migration went well and it worked when it first started automatically after the install but now if I start 1Password again and type in my password it opens just for a second and then vanishes, quits unexpectedly - everytime. Same for the chome extension or the mini version. I restarted, tried downloaded version, latest stable and even beta version, uninstalled everything, deleted all old folders, reinstalled, still the same problem. It works only one time if I reinstall the downloaded version and it starts automatically after install, after that it crashes everytime. One difference: There is no "Unlock using Secure Desktop" icon when it starts right after install, but I don't know it that has anything to do with it. I already sent you the generated diagnostics report [#ZMF-44222-433].

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1809
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1passwhat,

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you! I personally replied to your email today, so please check your inbox and let's continue our conversation via email. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: ZMF-44222-433

• Ronaldt
    Ronaldt
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

I've started a trial a couple days ago and today tried implementing it with the rest of the team. On Mac there was no problem, but on the Windows computer of my colleague we had a similar problem as @1passwhat described above;
    We can't get to any program diagnostics in the app because it crashes a second after unlocking it with the correct password.
    The Firefox extension he installed also doesn't do anything when you click it.

This is right after a fresh install on Windows 10 that is up to date with all software (including .NET framework 4.7.2).

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ronaldt,

You should be able to create a Diagnostics Report from 1Password 7 for Windows even without unlocking the app. Could you please give it another try?

Also, if 1Password 7 crashes on your Windows PC, please reproduce the crash and save a log from Event Viewer. It will help us understand why 1Password 7 crashes.

Send this log to support+windows@agilebits.com, but don't post it here, as it is a public forum. Please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Ronaldt
    Ronaldt
    Community Member

Hi @Greg,

The support ID I received is [#BCG-86556-443]
    I've included as much information I could think off, hopefully they'll be able to figure it out.

Thanks and I hope to hear more soon,
    Ronald

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ronaldt,

Thank you for your detailed email! I have found it on our side, we will take a closer look and get back to you soon. Thanks again! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: BCG-86556-443

• Ronaldt
    Ronaldt
    Community Member

Thanks for the support Greg, it is all sorted out now.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Ronaldt: You are very welcome! :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.