Can't move multiple iitems to trash at same time

jaimeson
jaimeson
Community Member

I need to delete a private vault. After reading some questions, I found that it is not possible because it's a default vault. The suggestion was to select all items using ctrl-a and move them to trash in bulk. When I select them all with ctrl-a or using the shift key to select multiple items, then drag them to trash, it releases the selection of all items and highlights only the first item and nothing is moved to trash. How can I make this work other than moving 739 items to trash one at a time?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:move to trash

Comments

• jaimeson
    jaimeson
    Community Member

Forgot to put my version info in. Using 1Password 7.1.567 on Windows 10. Syncing in 1password.com.

• Hey @jaimeson. Thanks for reaching out!

It sounds like you may be seeing instructions for Mac rather than Windows. On Windows, to delete multiple items at once, you'll press ctrl-A and then right click and select Move to Trash. That said, you should be able to delete the vault itself, as 1Password 7 for Windows doesn't have the same vault hierarchy as on Mac. Are you using a 1Password membership? Is the Primary vault you're referring to the one listed as On this PC in the vaults list? Or are you by chance referring to the Personal vault in your account?

• adrianne123
    adrianne123
    Community Member

I know this is an older thread, but same issue. I am a first-time user on windows 10. I created a personal vault in my account, imported passwords from browsers, many of which were duplicates. I cleaned up the csv file and imported this into a new vault. I would like to either delete the entries in the first vault, or delete the entire vault—however, there is no option to delete the personal vault (though I could delete the one I want to keep). I cannot select multiple entries and using ctl-a and riqht clicking does nothing. I have close to 600 entries to delete, any ideas?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@adrianne123: What version of 1Password are you using there?

• adrianne123
    adrianne123
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

It is 1Password X 1.14.2. I'm still in the free trial mode, if that makes a difference.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@adrianne123: Ah. That's 1Password X. It does not have any way to move items. You'd need to use one of the 1Password apps to manage items like that.

• adrianne123
    adrianne123
    Community Member

Okay, thanks for your fast response, but where would I find a 1Password app to do this?

• https://1password.com/downloads has each of our native apps. :)

Ben

• adrianne123
    adrianne123
    Community Member

I use both Firefox and Chrome and have the apps installed, however, in neither do I have the option to select multiple items for bulk delete or to delete a vault. How would I do this?

• @adrianne123

You'd need 1Password for Mac, 1Password for Windows, 1Password for iOS, or 1Password for Android. The 1Password X browser extension doesn't have this ability currently.

Thanks.

Ben

• adrianne123
    adrianne123
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben.
    So though I had the 1Password for Windows downloaded, but I guess it did not install, or connect to my account, or whatever it does. Everything works now! Thanks so much, everyone, for your patience.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@adrianne123 - I'm glad you were able to get this resolved -- and glad Ben was able to assist. :)

• CoreyCorey
    CoreyCorey
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Same selection issue applies to other things, such as tags, too: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/110642/improvement-unable-to-drag-multiple-items-at-a-time

@peri's solution works for both, but I think the functionality of being able to drag multiple items at a time should still be fixed/added.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this :+1:

This discussion has been closed.