To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Linking Business and Family accounts

Uitlander
Uitlander
Community Member

I have a 1Password business account and took advantage of the free family account option as I would like to hold my work and personal passwords separately. I followed the online instructions about creating a families account, and expected it to be linked to the business account so that I could see all my vaults and save details in the relevant place in both accounts. This does not appear to have happened and they are operating as two independent and separate accounts - the vaults from one are inaccessible if I am logged into the other. Have I misunderstood how this feature works, or is this actually the expected behaviour? I am using the 1password Chrome extension at both home and work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:business families

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Uitlander! Welcome to the forum!

This does not appear to have happened and they are operating as two independent and separate accounts - the vaults from one are inaccessible if I am logged into the other.

That's correct, they are two separate accounts, as you correctly mentioned. You can add both accounts to the 1Password app though, so you can switch from one to the other without having to logout and log back in :) With multiple accounts added, the app will behave exactly as you expected.

If you are doing this in a browser, because they are two different accounts, you can only login to one at the time, so you can only see the vaults related in the current account you are looking at.

I hope this helps!

• Uitlander
    Uitlander
    Community Member

It does, thank you. The only documentation I could find described the behaviour for the app and did not seem to separate that from behaviour in the browser extension, hence my confusion.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Uitlander - if you're using 1Password X, then yes, that's the case; you can only be signed into one 1password.com account at a time. However, if you've installed 1Password for Windows on your PC, you could uninstall 1Password X and install the extension that works with the local app. That would allow you to view/use all vaults from both accounts in your browser as well as the main app. You can find those extensions at this link. Let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.