Login and password not filling in

Lately I've been having issues when I click on the Chrome 1password extension that it won't fill in the login and password until I've tried several times. Sometimes it will open up a new webpage and fill in the information there. Today it doesn't work at all. No logins or passwords are filled in. Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rjwinkler: Unfortunately without some basic information you've omitted from your post it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what happens if you use the keyboard shortcut -- Ctrl \? Thanks in advance! :)

• rjwinkler
    rjwinkler
    Community Member

Windows 10
    Chrome
    1Password extension

Today it is filling in the login and password, but sometimes I have to select the login 3 or 4 times before it does. And it is still occasionally opening up new tabs.

• This sounds like a known issue we've already resolved in the latest beta, @rjwinkler. Essentially, there were some circumstances where several clicks would be necessary to trigger a fill. You are welcome to try the beta and see if that helps, but a good test is to try your keyboard shortcut to fill (Ctrl + \ by default) and see if that works, assuming you have just one matching Login item for this site. For folks experiencing this issue, the keyboard shortcut worked consistently. If you find the same is true for you, you're running into this issue and can update to the beta for a fix or hang tight and it'll be fixed in the next stable release. :+1:

• rjwinkler
    rjwinkler
    Community Member

I have version 7.3.657. CTRL + \ does work, but this doesn't help with sites where I have multiple logins.

When will the next release happen?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rjwinkler - we don't normally pre-announce release dates as many factors (some beyond our control) affect them. But typically when something's already in beta, it won't be long until the next stable channel release is available. Please stay tuned. 😀

• pixel41
    pixel41
    Community Member

I have the same issue. 1Password extension not filling forms in Google Chrome. All latest public versions. Hope this beta fix you are talking about comes out soon. It's extremely frustrating.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pixel41,

I am sorry for this inconvenience! Let's investigate your situation separately. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where 1Password extension stopped filling forms in Google Chrome:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• pixel41
    pixel41
    Community Member

Thanks. I took a look at the Diagnostics Report and don't feel comfortable sending all that info about my computer. Hopefully you guys will figure out what the issue is with your own testing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

@pixel41: If we can find out a way to produce the specific issue you're having, I have no doubt we will fix it. But it's hard to even be able to confirm that without any details whatsoever. :)

Regarding diagnostic reports,

1. We log our internal 1Password data to %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\logs. We only keep up to 14 days worth, everything else is trashed. You can see this for yourself.
    2. When running the diagnostics report, it'll capture: the current list of running tasks, 1Password settings, browser extensions and their versions, your public 1Password account settings and/or 1Password vaults; their locations and backups, and all Windows errors that mentions 1Password or .NET crashes that uses our 1Password files via Event Viewer. No personal data is included -- unless you've used your Social Security Number or something as your Windows username, etc.
    3. We ask users to submit crash report as opt-in for stable builds when they restart app and it is automatic for betas builds. They're trashed after it is submitted. They're stored in %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Passwords\logs\events
    4. Installer-related logs are stored in %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Passwords\logs\setup
    5. All internal debug functions are disabled by default and cannot log to any public files.
    6. No secrets are sent to us. We never have a need for it, we won't ask, and -- again, this is verifiable -- the app does not write them to logs; only encrypted 1Password data is written to disk, and 1Password data is not included in the diagnostics anyway.

Put another way, we know very little about you, and none of it will be from diagnostic reports, but rather from you being our customer and giving us your name, etc. -- and of course you could use a pseudonym: I don't imagine that "pixel41" is what your parents named you. ;)

We have a privacy policy as well, which all of this is based on: https://support.1password.com/1password-privacy/

But if you feel there is an error somewhere, please let us know so we can correct it. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

In addition to the general privacy policy I linked above, we also have a new knowledgeable article (I missed that this was published a few days ago) that covers diagnostic reports specifically:

About 1Password diagnostics reports

It looks and reads much nicer than my list above. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.