UI on old accounts

leo_sasseron
leo_sasseron
Community Member

I'm a new user on the trial, and i heard from someone if i have and old account, i no longer will receive interface/ui updates. This is true? Thanks

1Password Version: 1.14.2
Extension Version: 1.14.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@leo_sasseron: I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, so if you could elaborate that might be helpful to us both. :)

But I can tell you that if you were previously using a 1Password license you purchased for a specific version of the app, you won't have an "account" at all associated with that; rather, you'd have an account as part of a 1Password membership subscription, which we introduced about three years ago. You would have had to have signed up for that since then to have an account to sign into, a Secret Key, etc.

If you purchased a license for an old version of 1Password, while your license will not expire, it is valid for that specific version; and outdated versions do not receive further updates. For example, 1Password 7 is current, so that's what we're working on now. 1Password 6 is no longer being actively developed. Does that help? Let me know. :)

• leo_sasseron
    leo_sasseron
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

Thanks, and i wanted to know, if i subscribe to 1Password, i'll receive all the updates, on UI, security, etc.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah yes, exactly! Glad to be able to help. I'd encourage you to check out all the benefits of a 1Password membership:

About 1Password membership

But also, more importantly, give them a test drive during the 30 day trial, and let us know if you have any other questions along the way. We're here for you. Have a great weekend! :chuffed:

• leo_sasseron
    leo_sasseron
    Community Member

I'm testing since Monday, and loving. I hope to stay many time after my trial. Thanks, have a great weekend too.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Very cool. Thank you! Let us know if you need anything. :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.