Opening 1P-X in Opera doesn't shift keyboard focus to the extension

Options

I'm using Opera 58 with the 1Password X extension.

When I use cmd-shift-x, the keyboard focus remains on the webpage (typically in the username/password textbox). I have to use the mouse to manually "activate" the 1Password X password textbox. This is not only slow, but also a bit of a security risk. When I'm used to typing my 1P password right away but I'm actually just typing into a plaintext "username" text-field, some of my password will be revealed on screen!

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 1.14.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:focus

Comments

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1Puser4000

Thanks so much for your report, and sorry for the hassle. Does the focus issue happen all the time? I've tried to reproduce this behavior, but unfortunately wasn't able to. Would you be willing to record your screen and show me exactly what's happening? I don't need the whole screen, just the portion of the browser with the input field and the 1Password X pop-up.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1Puser4000, there's no need to record your screen; one of my colleagues was able to reproduce the issue. The bug seems related only to macOS, which is why I couldn't reproduce the issue on my Windows machine. I've filed a bug report, and will update this thread when we make progress on the issue. Having said that, I can't guarantee when exactly we'll be able to get to it.

Thanks for your report once again. :smile:

• 1Puser4000
    1Puser4000
    Community Member
    Options

That's great, thanks! I look forward to the fix (whenever it comes :) )

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for bringing it up! :)

This discussion has been closed.