To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Is there a 1p extension for Mac?

ckp
ckp
Community Member

I switched from stand alone 1p to subscription. I can't seem to find a Safari plugin for this type of 1P. For Chrome, I found 1p X extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member

On your website and in my cloud login, i only see a safari extension option if you have 1p 7 for mac?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ckp - I can't be entirely certain because you didn't include any system information with your post, but it sounds as if you may be talking about 1Password X. If that's what you have installed in Chrome, then unfortunately I have to let you know that it's unlikely there will be anything like that available for Safari any time soon. This has to do with the differences between Safari and Chrome (and Firefox as well, for that matter). The latter two were built using web extension APIs; Safari is the only major browser that didn't adopt that standard, meaning we simply can't do in Safari what we've done in Chrome and Firefox.

What we DO have on the Mac is 1Password for Mac, which is a native Mac application you can install. If you've used standalone 1Password in the past, this will be familiar to you already. Once you've installed 1Password 7 for Mac, you can use the (non-1Password X) extension it ships with to fill and save data in Safari on your Mac. Here’s a bit more information about 1Password 7 for Mac, and feel free to ask any follow-up questions.

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member

wow, are you telling me now that i have dropped my stand alone 1p 6 for mac and 1p 4 for windows to consider keeping a new subscription, that now i have to also purchase 1p 7 stand alone as well just to get a safari plugin that i had when i was using 1p 6 stand alone? the whole idea of my moving from stand alone was to make things easier with same functionality and not having to pay for stand alone. am i missing something? there is no 1p X for safari, but i assumed there was some 1p safari extension i could use like i used to use when i had 1p 6 on my mac. i like the toolbar 1p button with 1p menu in it.

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

so, is there really no way to use 1p subscription in safari without buying stand alone also? can you please confirm?
    edit: Lastpass seems to have a plugin for Safari which adds their menu icon and icon to click in login fields of websites and they don't seem to require that you buy a stand alone app as well. so it seems possible?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ckp - heavens, no! Your 1password.com membership includes all of our native apps, at no extra charge, on as many devices as you want, including all future upgrades, for as long as you maintain the account.

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member

Great, so how do I get 1p into my Safari username and password web page fields and how do i get the 1p toolbar icon to access my 1p vault items?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ckp - you download 1Password 7 for Mac from our downloads page and install it. It will install the new Safari App Extension into Safari 12. On first run, choose the option to sign into your 1password.com account. Once that's done, you should be able to fill your passwords into Safari, as you have previously in standalone 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.