Just created account need to import stand alone

ckp
ckp
Community Member

ok, i just created a new cloud account trial and now i need to import the two vaults i have in my 1p mac 6 stand alone. i have no idea how to do that as i don't see anything in my login for this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member

i have to say it's getting pretty frustrating. i watched the videos and read some pages and nothing seems to make sense to get my stand alone 1p data to my cloud login. it seems my mac 1p 6 now has my nearly empty cloud vault but that's not what i want. seem to be totally blocked right now.

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member

Finally figured out how to manually select all items in stand alone and choose menu option Item->share->cloud vault name->copy

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ckp,

I can see that Brenty has already replied to you in a neighbour thread and shared our migration guide.

Have you managed to move your data to your new 1Password account? Please let us know. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member

yes, i had to figure it out since things did not match up with the migration guide. i ended up having select all items in stand alone and choose an item menu option to copy to my web vault. i never got prompted to let this happen automagically.

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

@Greg it seems i can't use my new 1p subscription in safari. in a membership thread i "think" i was told that this would require me to also buy 1p 7 stand alone for mac which totally defeats the purpose of me moving to subscription model. i'm waiting for clarification in that thread.

• That's not true at all, @ckp. All of the 1Password apps are included in your 1Password membership. If you've been told that you need 1Password 7 for Mac, just install it, sign in to your account, and you're set. :+1: The latest Safari extension does require 1Password 7 for Mac, so hopefully that will get you sorted, but if not, I'd suggest dropping a question in our Mac category. The folks hanging out there will be the best suited to help out. :chuffed:

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member

Thanks, I did that and now have 1p working in Safari again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Glad to hear that's sorted. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.