Guided password change does not work on Udacity

Like the title says, the guided password change does not work on udacity.com. If you go to settings to change your password, 1PX thinks that the changed password input is the current password one as well.

1Password Version: 1.15.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

Hey @jadchaar – thanks for bringing this to our attention! I did some testing on my end, and here's what I've found when changing my password on Udacity's site:

• The current password field contains an inline menu with my Udacity Login.
    • If I click on my Udacity Login, the current password field is filled.
    • When I tab/click inside the new password field, I'm presented with the same inline menu as the previous field.
    • In order to fill a new password, I have to click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the inline menu, click Password Generator, then click on Use Suggested Password.

As you already know, the behavior I described is less than ideal. In a perfect world, filling the new password field should take one click instead of three. I took a look at the HTML in an attempt to find a way for us to distinguish that the new password field is indeed a new password field. It's obvious to the human eye, but under the hood is where things can get tricky. While I can see why our current filling logic would assume this form is a sign in form, I'd still rather have 1Password be the best it can be. I've got an issue filed for our developers, and again, I appreciate you reporting this to us. :)

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#459

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

Thanks Kaitlyn! Yeah, I am used to the inline menu changing to suggest a new password rather than presenting my current login, so that is why I reported it :). Thanks for filing it!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Totally, thank you for bringing it up! :)

This discussion has been closed.