Filling not working reliably on Windows with Chrome

This discussion was created from comments split from: What's the best browser to use with 1Password?.

Comments

• twisser
    twisser
    Community Member

My experience is a bit different: I'm new to 1Password (couple of months), Chrome, Win10. 80% of the time i click on the item in the extension, nothing happens (on the bottom line it indicates that it is "filling in Chrome for [website]" but hangs at that point. From here, I either click on the item again, which is successful about 20% of the time, or I click out of the extension, causing the window to close, re-open the window and click the item again, and that is successful about 70% of the time. For the remaining unsuccessful outcomes, I either keep trying the above options, or give up and copy/paste. This is consistent across all websites, with one notable exception: a Citrix login at the place I currently work - that works quickly and consistently with a single click on the item in the extension 95% of the time. So my experience is that I get inconsistent results across nearly all websites, and the majority of those actions fail. Though it does seem that if I go back to a website within a short period of time (perhaps within the timeout of the extension(?), i.e. I didn't have to re-enter my one password), then the failure rate seems to drop to about 20%. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

• Hi @twisser

How did you save these items in 1Password? Did you import from a different password manager? If you re-save any given login using these instructions does it work more reliably after that?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Please let me know.

Ben

• twisser
    twisser
    Community Member

Thanks for the response, Ben...I had forgotten that I posted a similar note previously in a different thread. The advice there was to update to the most recent Beta, which I've done, and performance is **significantly ** improved. I'll review the manual instructions just in case, but I consider it resolved. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's great news! Thanks for the update. We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.