Why is 1password7 not asking to save login info and will not autofill login data?

Options

When 1password was first installed it worked fine and for some unknown reason it is not working.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.3
Sync Type: unknown

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @unq1!

Is this happening with only one browser or do you see the same behavior with all browser? If it's just one, which browser is it?

I have also moved your discussion to the Saving and Filling in Browsers section of the forum so it's in the right place :)

Thank you!

• unq1
    unq1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response and moving my discussion to the appropriate section of the forum. This behavior is happening in Safari which is the only browser I'm using.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@unq1: Can you tell me which versions you're using of Safari, and the version of 1Password you see in Safari Preferences > Extensions? Also make sure it's enabled there.

• unq1
    unq1
    Community Member
    Options

Safari Version 12.0.3 and Safari Preferences > Extensions 1Password Version 7.2.4

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@unq1: Thanks for letting me know! Please do the following:

1. Quit 1Password Completely -- Command Option Control Q
    2. Quit Safari
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash
    4. Restart your Mac
    5. Install a fresh copy of the current version of 1Password: https://1password.com/downloads/
    6. Open Safari Preferences > Extensions and make sure 1Password 7.2.5 is listed and enabled
    7. Open 1Password Preferences > Browsers
    8. Enable "Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them"
    9. If it was already enabled, toggle it twice just to be sure it's actually enabled and the preference is saved
    10. Make sure you don't have "facebook.com" listed as an exclusion under "except on the following domains"
    11. Go to https://facebook.com in Safari
    12. Enter nonsense into both the username and password fields -- not any actual login credentials
    13. Press Return
    14. Let me know the results

Thanks in advance! :)

• unq1
    unq1
    Community Member
    Options

Performed all steps 1 - 13 and got all of the expected results. Pressing return in step 13 gave me a facebook login screen to login as Jonathan Chia.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@unq1: I don't know what that means. Can you clarify? Are you maybe already logged into Facebook? If so, you'd need to logout in order to test saving from the login form.

• unq1
    unq1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks you so much for your help!
    To clarify Step 13 from the prior list of actions; upon hitting return a dialog screen with options to save password to safari appeared.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@unq1 - so that sounds like things are now working they way they're supposed to? Let us know if that's not the case.

• unq1
    unq1
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I am back to business as usual. Thank you guys a bunch!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@unq1 - :) :+1: you're quite welcome.

This discussion has been closed.