Can't Reach Licensing Server

I'm trying to get my 1password V4 licensed and when I enter my key I get a dialog that says "Cannot contact server for license activation". So what is the protocol and ports that are used for licensing so I can get IT to look into it. I've never had this problem before so I'm sure it's being blocked on my end but what is being blocked?

Ray

1Password Version: 4.1.0.530
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• rayhaynes
    rayhaynes
    Community Member

Never mind. My copy of V4 was older than I realized. I downloaded the latest and it licenses without issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

@rayhaynes: Indeed, sorry for the trouble there! We've made a lot of changes to our update and license servers since version 4 was released about 4 years ago, so you were stuck in a place where the app couldn't connect to validate the license, but also couldn't update to a more recent version because the old one didn't know how to talk to the new server for updates either! Anyway, glad you were able to grab the newer version and get up and running. :chuffed:

However, 1Password 4 is very old in general, so you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to the latest version of all of the apps (including 1Password for Windows version 7), the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, if you have any questions, let us know. Have a great week! :)

This discussion has been closed.