Error during machine shutdown for 1Password

Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I get following error sometimes/randomly during machine shutdown for 1Password. Please help.

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Abhijit,

Thanks for reporting this. Do you recall if there's something you were doing with 1Password before you shut down the machine?

We've never seen that error before and that error message doesn't tell us anything of value, unfortunately. It looks like the type of error it gets when the 1Password app already exited and something else tries to open 1Password. Could it be your 1Password exited and the web browsers were opened?

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Yes. That might be the possibility. 1Password exited and web browsers open. So when I exit from the 1Password we do automatically exit from browser extensions (of course not x)?

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• MikeT
    edited March 2019

Hi @Abhijit,

So when I exit from the 1Password we do automatically exit from browser extensions (of course not x)?

Not exactly, when you exit 1Password, it shuts down all 1Password processes yes but the browser extension, when being used, can restart the process for you. Otherwise, you'd just see a broken icon with no feedback.

If 1Password extension detects an abnormal disconnection, it can try to restart as well but it waits about 20-30 seconds before it does that in case of an update being installed.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Thanks Mike!

• No problem. If you can reproduce this, please do let us know how. I'm not seeing any errors when I shut down both 1Password and the web browsers at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.