To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to export vault from 1password.com cloud login

ckp
ckp
Community Member

I would like to export my 1password vaults to a file from within my 1password.com login. I don't see any option for that. How can I do it without using a stand alone 1p app?
So, I'm saying, browse to https://my.1password.com using a Chrome browser, login with my 1password master password, then export my vault data to a file(s) on my local computer. This file would have all my vault data in it unencrypted. I could then keep that as a backup or even use it to import into another password manager.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ckp: Be careful with keeping an unencrypted copy of your data around, since that's not at all secure. I'm sure you know that, but I want to be clear about that in case it helps you or anyone else reading avoid unpleasantness. :)

The 1Password.com website does not have an "export" feature. If you do want to "backup" manually (not necessary since the server automatically backs up all the data in your account, encrypted, but you can do it), you can do so using the 1Password desktop app:

https://support.1password.com/export/

Moving the data to another password manager is outside the scope of our control, but some support 1Password's native 1PIF format, and 1Password also can export to CSV if you prefer that (though CSV does not support some of the data structures specific to 1Password well). I hope this helps! :)

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

ok I figured so. so, I just found yet another reason to keep my stand alone app around.
    Edit: I think I just found out when you say I can do the export with the "desktop app" that maybe this means export works with either the stand alone "app" OR the 1password for Mac "app". what a mess, haha

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2019

Exporting is possible from the 1Password for Mac app regardless of membership/standalone.

either the stand alone "app" OR the 1password for Mac "app"

That isn't two different things. 1Password for Mac is the standalone app. It is also the app for 1Password membership customers on Mac. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.