Face ID on iphone XR?

kelsie47
kelsie47
Community Member

I can’t figure out how to (if I even can) use Face ID for Password on my iPhone XR. It’s a pain having to enter my master password each time when new technology should allow me the option to use Face ID vs Touch ID. Is this an option and if so, how is it set up?

Comments

• Hi @kelsie47

I'm not entirely sure I follow, as the iPhone XR doesn't have Touch ID (it only has Face ID), but you can learn about how to set up Face ID here:

Use Face ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad Pro

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• trelass
    trelass
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

I have a similar issue; I'm using 1Password v7.2.7 on iOS 12.1.4 with an XR. Following your posted instructions, I unlock 1Password, tap Settings>Security and look for an option for FaceID. Here are the only visible options available:

• Lock Now
    • Lock on Exit
    • Auto-Lock
    • PIN Code
    • Watchtower
    • Change Master Password
    • Clear Clipboard
    • Conceal Passwords

There is no setting for FaceID to turn it on... Any thoughts?

• @trelass

For Face ID to be used with 1Password it has to be enabled to unlock the device itself first. Do you have iOS set up to unlock your iPhone using Face ID?

Ben

• trelass
    trelass
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

yes, FaceID is active and used to unlock my iPhone and 6 other applications. After updating to iOS 12.2, I now find a setting for 1Password under Settings | FaceID & Passcode | Other Apps; I enabled FaceID under iOS Settings. I now find a FaceID setting in 1Password Settings | Security which was not there before.

Now FaceID unlocks 1Password successfully.

• Thanks for the update @trelass. Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.