Convert Individual Account to Enterprise + Family Account

Stvbrllrd
Stvbrllrd
Community Member
edited March 2019 in Families

I currently use 1Password v7. Our company recently upgraded to the Enterprise version and I was told that I would also get a conversion to the family account. What are the steps to follow for this conversion so I am not charged the upgrade price?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version:OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Stvbrllrd! Lucky you, you get the free family account! Here are the steps to take to associate your 1Password Families account with your work 1Password Business account. Let us know if you have any problems! :)

• mkpingale
    mkpingale
    Community Member

Hi @Lars, thanks for the link above. However, when I click on the "Apply to existing account link" (from my business account's "My Profile page) to redeem the free 1Password Families membership to link my existing 1Password Families account, I get this error: "Your free 1Password Families membership couldn’t be redeemed. Try again from your business account."

My business account help page tells me that if my existing 1Password Families account is not created using the business account, I've to reach out to you guys and provide the following info and "1Password will convert my account to a free account:"

• My business email address I'm using to enroll in 1Password business acct.
    • My current personal email address used to enroll in my existing family account with 1Password.

Question is: How do I share this info with you: Do I email it or call you or tweet it to you? And, how long would it take once I share this info to you?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mkpingale - definitely don't tweet it to us; we don't handle personally-sensitive billing details in public spaces. Please send your request to sales@1password.com and include a link to this thread. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant, which will contain a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can "connect the dots" and make sure the issue is dealt with quickly.

• mkpingale
    mkpingale
    Community Member

@Lars, thanks for the response. I did send an email out to the address and the Support did the rest of the magic. I'm a happy camper now!

• Excellent. Thanks for the update @mkpingale. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.