Show Large-Type for Password-Only item

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Is it me or is it not possible to select "Show Large Type" for items that are only passwords? I have some items which are only a password, for example the serial number of a TV card and I have no way to show it in the Large Type window.

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: It's an interesting point. I'm not sure it's come up before. Password items exist as a safety net: 1Password saves them automatically when you use a generated password, so you don't get locked out of an account if you don't save a Login for it. Given that, we don't ever recommend using Password items for other things. But it's certainly something we can consider, especially if we move to using Password Generator History like we're testing in 1Password X. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

@brenty I use the Password items to store such info only, because they hide the content (when someone is looking over your shoulder) and copying on an iPhone is easier than with secure notes

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, I see. Thanks for the additional info! It's not a use case I would have thought of. :) But just to clarify, a custom password field can be added to any item. Does that help? :)

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for the hint, I have not thought about that. However it seems to me it needs some more steps to do the same e.g. in a secure note. It's easier for me to just create a password item and put my info in there :)

• Hi @Manaburner,

It's a known regression from the last update, it's already fixed for the upcoming beta.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

@MikeT Yay thank you :)

• MikeT
    edited March 2019

You're welcome! Thanks for reporting it in the first place.

This discussion has been closed.