Generate new passwords

I'm just starting my trial period with 1Password today and have entered about 50 passwords/logins apparently successfully. However, I've been attempting to enter info for the Delta Airlines website.
1Password is telling me to generate a new password and to not use the same password on multiple sites.
I thought that generating new passwords is one of the features of 1Password, although I can't seem to find a way of doing that.
Please help.
Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password7
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: Mac 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@acdave: It's in the password field in a Login item. So, in the specific instance you're talking about, I'd start by creating a new Login item with your existing login credentials for the website, and then proceed to go through the website's password change process. They're all different, but this guide can help give you a general overview of doing a password change with login credentials stored in 1Password:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

With the existing Login item saved in 1Password, you'll just need to edit it and generate a new password from the password field.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• acdave
    acdave
    Community Member

Yep, I still don't get it, sorry.
    Here's what I'm looking at.

Where do I find a button that will generate a new password?
    Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@acdave: As I mentioned earlier,

you'll just need to edit it and generate a new password from the password field

But a picture is worth a thousand words, so maybe this helps more: click the "Edit" button instead of "Pin on screen":

And we'll go for two thousand: click the "gear" icon in the password field:

You just need to save the item (the old password will still be there under "previously used passwords" in case you need it) and change your password on the website so it knows you want to use the new one. :)

This discussion has been closed.