1P on latest Win10 won't login to Firefox Send site

1P v7.3.661 running on Win10 version 1803 build 17134.590 will not log in automatically to the Firefox Send site. The record is correctly entered into 1P but when attempting to use "Crtl-\" from the Firefox browser the password will not load. The username [e-mail address] loads on the first page, but after advancing to 2nd page of login and issuing keyboard shortcut nothing happens. Only way to log in is to manually open full 1P, copy password, then paste in to the field.

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Win10 v1803 b17134.590
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hello @eelliott,

Thanks for your report. I did some digging on my end and was able to fill the site with no issues. What happens if you click the extension icon, and then choose that login item when on the second page? Can you please follow these instructions to save a multi-page login and see if that helps?

• eelliott
    eelliott
    Community Member

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Still nothing works. Here is the issue. I deleted my existing login record for Firefox Send from 1P. I then followed precisely your steps. At Step 2, when I select sub-step 3 ("Save New Login") the 1P extension window simply closes, it does not present any tabs to select "Update existing". I repeated the entire process 3x with the same results.

The only way to use 1P at all with this site is to use 1P extension with Crtl-\ to insert the username, click on site to advance to Password page, manually open 1P, copy and paste password in. The 1P extension will not paste in a password no matter what.

When I tried the (quite clunky) 2 separate login method, I still cannot paste in a password. For some reason the extension will just no enter a password into this site, only full version with Copy/Paste works. Any more ideas?

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry it didn't work, @eelliott. :(

Before I make any further suggestions, could you please tell me which browser you're using? I'd like to make sure the issue isn't browser specific for some reason. :smile:

• eelliott
    eelliott
    Community Member

Firefox 65.0.2 (64-bit

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

@eelliott: Just as I feared; Firefox prevents 1Password (and possibly other password managers) from filling on https://accounts.firefox.com when you're using their browser. If you try filling the login form in Chrome, it will work as expected, While I'm not sure there's much we can do here, I've made a bug report for the rest of the team to investigate. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now. :(

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#374

• eelliott
    eelliott
    Community Member

Ahhh.... many thanks for that info. Funny to have to use Chrome to access Firefox features in a smooth manner! I will try it from Chrome (my alternate browser) and see. My main issue is that Google (no matter how you set privacy and what they say) tracks all your searches and site visits - and shares that data to some extent. Mozilla does not do that.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eelliott,

On behalf of Sebastian you are very welcome! We will continue looking into this issue, but there is not much we can do, if Mozilla themselves block the extensions on this page.

Let us know if you have any other questions, we are always here for you. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.