Reused Password banner does not go away after generating a new password

I just started using 1Password 7.3.657 (coming from 1Password 4). While I like the new reused password detection feature, it seems to not work properly in that the item for which the Reused Password banner is displayed still shows that the Reused Password banner even after regenerating the password.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Vicw
    Vicw
    Community Member

I've had the same experience. I have to exit the app and reopen it to eliminate the banner.

• This is a separate issue getting y'all, @rpatrick00 and @Vicw. When you generate a new password, a Password item is created as a safety net in case the updated password isn't saved for any reason. That way, you can recover it. We want 1Password to tidy these up for you once your Login item is updated, but we're not doing that just yet so the Password item and your Login item are using the same password. Select the Reused Passwords section of Watchtower in your sidebar, select the Password item (hold Ctrl to select more than one), then delete it (Ctrl + Del) and that banner should clear. :+1:

• frankoc
    frankoc
    Community Member

Thanks @bundtkate , that was my issue. It would be great for 1P to some verification and cleanup of these related passwords once the login has been saved correctly.

For now, I'm set!

• On behalf of Kate, you're welcome.

It would be great for 1P to some verification and cleanup of these related passwords once the login has been saved correctly.

Yep, we will get that implemented in a future update. We're also working on another idea that'll help with the Reused Passwords "annoyance".

This discussion has been closed.