1password does not interface with MS Edge in Win 10.

No longer works with MS Edge in Windows 10. Works okay with Firefox. Interestingly, when I attempt to open a login page in MS Edge, I can access the mini app with CTRL-ALT-\ but not the full app with CRTL-.In the past it would work only sporadically.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password does not interface with MS Edge in Win 10.

Comments

• Clamagore
    Clamagore
    Community Member

1Pass ver 7.3
    Extension ver 7.2.583
    OS Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    Sync Type: ??

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

Hi @Clamagore,

Thank you for getting in touch!

It sounds like you bumped into known issue with 1Password extension in Microsoft Edge: it doesn't work too well when you close Edge and reopen it too fast, it doesn't terminate all processes in time and it won't terminate them for us when we ask, it just suspends it. Please try to do the following:

1) Check for Windows updates, install any updates and reboot. Sometime pending Windows updates can break things like this.
    2) Check Control Panel > Uninstall a program, make sure only one 1Password version is installed.

If that didn't work, uninstall 1Password extension in Edge, reboot (since you can't restart Edge cleanly) and re-install it. This helps some users. As a possible workaround you can also close Edge, open Task manager and end the Edge background process. Then restart Edge and check if 1Password extension works.

Let me know if it helps. Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Clamagore
    Clamagore
    Community Member

Thanks for the help Greg. I did not realize the interface to Edge was so complicated. Sorry about using both the Forum and E-Mail. I was not sure that 1Password would respond to the forum.

I finally got it to work again after removing the extension from edge and uninstalling the desktop app, rebooting, and reinstalling the desktop application, and finally the Edge extension. I have Desktop Version 7.3.657 (updated) and Edge Extension Version 7.2.583.

I tested two separate logins in Edge and it worked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helped! If you just wait a short while after closing Edge before opening it again, you probably won't encounter that kind of issue. And with Microsoft working on a new Chromium-based browser for later this year, hopefully we'll all have an easier time in the future. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.