confused about moving into a new mac with dropbox sync

Options
jchrist
jchrist
Community Member

Hi, I'm a long-time 1Password user and I need to move into a new Mac. I use dropbox sync, and I'm not managing to get all of my vaults back as I expected.

In my ~/Dropbox folder, I have one folder called 1Password.agilekeychain, and then in the ~/Dropbox/Apps/1Password folder I have multiple .opvault directories. What's the proper way to configure Dropbox to recognize and sync my multiple vaults? Is the 1Password.agilekeychain my Prrimary? If I double-click on any of the opvault files, then 1Password says it will "create a new vault from the opvault file and keep it in sync."

I don't want it to create a new vault...I want it to use the existing vault files I'm trying to open. Am I just misreading the message?

-Jon

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jchrist! Welcome to the forum!

If I double-click on any of the opvault files, then 1Password says it will "create a new vault from the opvault file and keep it in sync."

That's what you want :) On your new Mac, no vaults currently exist, so by double clicking on the opvault files, you are creating that vault on the new Mac and keeping it in sync.

I see how the message could be interpreted that way though, sorry for the confusion!

This discussion has been closed.