Issues with filling details on two websites

This discussion was created from comments split from: secret key compromised.

Comments

• zipb
    zipb
    Community Member

The last 2 times I tried to use 1password browser helper for access to 2 different webshops, it was a total mess. The websites login code would interfere with 1password, and the only thing that would work was a. don't use Safari on an iPhone but on a computer b. forget about the auto-fill in options. Generate a password in the 1pwd program(not the browser helper thing), and try to copy/paste that. Meanwhile, temporary password time out, things get reset, I get duplicate items in 1password for the same site, etc.
    For fun(ahem) I've tried the built-in keychain app in Safari in both cases. Zero problems. Smooth sailing.

I regret having paid for 1password and I especially regret spending all the time and effort(read: frustration)I have put in getting to grips with all this. Now I am reluctant to switch over to something else for fear of having to jump through all these hoops again.

Boy, I was so happy with just apple keychain(free), 2 Macs, an iPhone and an iPad. Never had a problem. Transparent in use.

For years, I linked everything via my Google account. That was also a much better experience.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@zipb, thank you for your feedback. I will be happy to help you get this sorted out :)

The websites login code would interfere with 1password

What do you mean by "websites login code" in this case? Do you mean the username, the password, or the 2FA code?

In addition to this, how exactly did it interfere with 1Password?

It would also be extremely helpful if you could share what websites this happened with, so we can test them here.

Meanwhile, temporary password time out, things get reset, I get duplicate items in 1password for the same site, etc.

Can you please share exact steps to reproduce this so I can see if I this happens to me too? Information about when things happen, and what happens exactly, would really help!

We would be more than happy to still have you as a client and to help you and assist you getting a hold of how to get started and how to use the 1Password app, so as soon as you can give us more detailed information, I would love to help :)

• zipb
    zipb
    Community Member

I admire your resilience, ag_ana. Reminds me of a certain British prime minister...

There's just so much that is opaque or plain not working with 1password7.

Alright then:

Try to reset the password of an old user account(old pwd not accepted) using an iPhone8/iOS12.1.4 on this site: www.azerty.nl.

Gave up after 15 minutes. Used my iMac/Safari and plain copy/paste.

Try to buy a Reason upgrade hereI(I have an account, user info not yet in 1pwd7):
    www.propellerheads.se

I couldn't get it to work at all. Went to bed after a couple of tries.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

@zipb,

I have also split your last messages into their own discussion here since this has nothing to do with your Secret Key anymore, so we can keep things tidy. I have also moved the discussion to the Browsers section so it's in the right place now.

Try to reset the password of an old user account(old pwd not accepted) using an iPhone8/iOS12.1.4 on this site: www.azerty.nl.

We can certainly try that, but before we do that, what is the procedure you tried following? I’m really sorry for the trouble you’re having, but I’m sure we can help with some more information.

Try to buy a Reason upgrade hereI(I have an account, user info not yet in 1pwd7):
    www.propellerheads.se

Same here, if you could. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.