iCloud Keychain ?

Options
ronen
ronen
Community Member

Can someone please explain to me Do I need to set up iCloud Keychain if I’m using 1P ?
Can it work together?
Thanks

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@ronen,

These are two separate services. 1Password manages its own data, and iCloud Keychain data is managed by iOS / macOS as you interact with services that store data in the keychain (e.g. Safari).

While you initially learn how to best use 1Password, you might find it best to leave iCloud Keychain disabled, so that you are not presented with multiple options for storing and obtaining your credentials. Use the 1Password workflow and then later if you have a specific need / interest in also using the iCloud Keychain, you can enable it.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you .
    1Password is my BEST Software I have for many years ...So my question was - do I need iCloud Keychain ? and not 1Password :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Options

@ronen,

No, you do not need to enable iCloud Keychain. Just use 1Password.

If you have iCloud Keychain enabled, then both macOS and 1Password will offer to save credentials and you'll get confused as to where these are being stored. Save / Create your Login data via 1Password, and use it to open and auto-fill login information.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Thank you .

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of MrC, you are welcome! Please do not hesitate asking if you have any other questions.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.