To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Removing Duplicates after upgrading to 1Password 7 subscription

Options
brianc
brianc
Community Member

Good morning,

I have been a happy user of 1Password4 on both my Windows 10 PC, my Macbook Air on macOS 10.13 High Sierra and my iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 12.1.4. I have been storing my vault on Dropbox.

• I registered for the free trial for 1 Password 7 and was happy with the experience.
  • A few days after the trial expired, I paid for an individual membership for 1Password 7 (today).
  • After payment, there were issues with having my payment automatically recognised in the 1Password 7 desktop application on my Windows 10 PC.
  • I signed out of the desktop application, and signed in again, and went through the normal setup process.
  • Now all of my passwords are in my Private vault, however there is a duplicate of every login in this one Private vault.

Questions:
1. How can I remove the duplicate entries without manually deleting each one? I want to avoid future issues of updating passwords into the wrong entry.
2. What do I need to do with my iPhone and Macbook Air to get them into the same new 1Password7 setup as my Windows 10 PC?

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Chrome 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brianc! Welcome to the forum!

1. How can I remove the duplicate entries without manually deleting each one? I want to avoid future issues of updating passwords into the wrong entry.

On macOS, there is a duplicate remover tool under the Help > Tools menu, called "Clean Up Duplicate Items". If you migrated your items twice (which is what I think happened, if the duplicates are inside a single vault), this tool should help you :)

1. What do I need to do with my iPhone and Macbook Air to get them into the same new 1Password7 setup as my Windows 10 PC?

If you have a 1Password Membership, all you need to do is add your 1Password account to the apps on your iPhone and MacBook Air.

I hope this helps!

• h3adache
    h3adache
    Community Member
    Options

hi @ag_ana . On macOS the "Clean Up Duplicate Items" just appears as greyed out. But I can definitely see I have duplicates.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@h3adache:

Please make sure you select the vault where the duplicates are. If you are currently in All Vaults view, the duplicate removal will be greyed out.

• ubiquist
    ubiquist
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a "clean up" feature available in the PC or Android App as well? Thanx!

• Ben
    Options

@ubiquist

At this time there is not. Are your duplicate items in the same vault, or different vaults? Most commonly the cause of duplicates after migrating is failing to remove the 'Primary' vault. Removing that often solves the problem. :)

Ben

• ubiquist
    ubiquist
    Community Member
    Options

Same vault. I have only one.

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. Sorry for the inconvenience @ubiquist. At the moment we don't have that feature on other platforms (only Mac), but hopefully that is something we can bring to the other platforms in the future. In the mean time, sorting may help. For de-duping, for example, it can be handy to sort by title. This allows you to quickly scan through your item list and find items with the same name. When you locate these, you can take a look at the item details for each and get rid of the item that wasn't modified as recently.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.