I'm in trial and don't know how to get iPassword on my phone without paying for it

susanna
susanna
Community Member

Hello! I'm in a trial, experimenting with setting up vaults so I can do some preliminary organizing and setup before subscribing our team of five and sharing the Teams account with them. I'm not sure how to proceed. I see the QR code that I suppose I scan from the iOS app, is that right? When I try to get that from the App Store, it prompts me to iTunes to set up payment. This will be a Teams account, so I definitely don't want my iTunes and my personal payment info to be associated with it. Will that become clear once I pay online for the Business account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm in trial and don't know how to get iPassword on my phone without paying for it

Comments

• Hi @susanna

1Password for iOS can be had here:

1Password on the iTunes App Store

It is a free download, so iTunes shouldn't be asking you to pay anything. When you've got it downloaded you'll log in to your existing 1Password Teams account. If you're doing that, and are being prompted for payment, could you please post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

▷ How to take a screenshot

If the screenshot contains any personal information rather than post it on this (public) forum please email it to us at support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include a link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/102800/

Thanks!

Ben

• susanna
    susanna
    Community Member

Hi Ben and thanks. Here are two screenshots from my iPhone for you:
    1. the message I get in the App Store
    2. the screen I'm sent to when I click Continue... and it won't let me proceed without entering my cvv code.

Appreciate your help!

• Thanks for the screenshots @susanna! It's been a bit since this happened to me, but I do recall being prompted to add/correct payment information when installing a free app before. I believe this is meant to be a convenience thing – you're using the App Store, Apple sees something that needs correction with the payment info associated with your Apple ID, so it prompts you to correct it in case you decide to make a purchase. That way, paying for an app or in-app purchase will run smoothly should you decide to do so. 1Password is "free" in the sense that you can install it and use it with full functionality for 30 days (and limited functionality in perpetuity) without paying a dime so you won't be charged for installing the iOS app. All 1Password purchases through the App Store are made in-app, should you decide to do so, or via your 1Password.com account (per your preference). There is no charge to install 1Password. As noted in your second screenshot:

You won't be charged until you make a purchase.

1Password has a "Get" button rather than a "Buy" button in the App Store indicating that you aren't making a purchase simply by installing it, so you won't be charged if you update your payment info as requested by Apple (because you're not making any purchases by installing 1Password). In short, you can safely enter that CVV and update your payment info without being charged for this business expense.

Now, that said, if it makes you feel better, you can remove your payment information to get around this prompt. Here's a guide from Apple on how to do that:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201266

If you go this route, you should be able to install 1Password without entering any payment information and set up your subscription on 1Password.com instead, if that's your preference. Once you've got things with 1Password sorted, you can re-add your payment information to your Apple ID separately. You shouldn't be charged for anything regardless, but there's never harm in being extra careful even if all it does it make you feel more comfortable. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.