Can’t enable AutoFill Passwords on iOS12

rowanberry
rowanberry
Community Member

Since the launch of iOS12, I’m having trouble to enable the AutoFill Passwords feature.
I hope that you can help me out ☺️.

I am using 1Password on iPhone 5S and iPad Pro 9.7. Both using the latest versions of 1Password and iOS. Syncing via a premium subscription. I already checked for updates and restarted the devices several times.

As per the provided instructions, I go to iOS Settings > Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords.

My issue is simple: while I can now see the toggle to enable AutoFill Passwords, this toggle does not work. It is not greyed out, but it can’t be moved over to the On position either.

This happens on both iPhone and iPad.

Is this a known issue?
Any possible conflicts with other settings?

All ideas welcome ☺️. Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.0.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rowanberry: Definitely not something I've seen before, and it won't be something we can fix for you since we don't have any control over iOS Settings. It may be that something is just damaged on the device though. If you can confirm that you've got all of your data in your 1Password.com account (make sure you don't have any local vaults on the device, like Primary), you can safely delete the app and install a fresh copy. If that doesn't resolve the issue, you'd need to contact Apple for assistance since the OS itself is not something we can change.

• toddmichaelryan
    toddmichaelryan
    Community Member

Did this ever get resolved because I am having the same issue!?!?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

Can you elaborate? Did you try what I suggested above? As I mentioned, we don't have any control over the OS, and iOS Password Autofill is a part of that. Simply restarting the device may help though. I'd love to hear more, since you're only the second person to encounter an issue like this, and I never heard back from them. :)

• abc_is
    abc_is
    Community Member

Same issue here, restart does not help? Could it be that some security profile from my employer is preventing to turn it on?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@abc_is: I haven't heard of that before, but it's a good thought; maybe it is possible for MDM to control iOS Autofill settings. 1Password definitely cannot though. Even when everything is working as expected, the only thing we can do is send you to iOS Settings to enable it; 3rd party apps can't enable or disable it for you.

This discussion has been closed.