Best way to handle both plugins with syncing

Options

I use both Mac and Linux. On the Mac I use the full 1Password app, and of course that isn't an option on Linux. I use Firefox on both.

I also like to use Firefox sync, which means my Mac gets 1Password X installed.

It seems like 1Password X kinda gets in the way of the original extension. Right now Cmd-\ isn't working, but Cmd-. does work. I'm pretty sure if I disable 1Password X on the Mac, it will also disable it on the Linux boxen.

What is the happy path in this case? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS 10.14, Debian 9
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @laydros,

There isn't a great happy path I'm afraid, not if you prefer to use the 1Password for Mac interface during filling when available. We don't recommend having both installed because we have seen a little weirdness - nothing in terms of data integrity or that serious, just they don't like to cohabit. I know with Chrome we'd recommend disabling extension syncing if a person needed both extensions but I don't know Firefox well and whether it allows for that level of adjustment or if Firefox syncs the enabled stated of an extension.

If it had been Chrome I was going to ask if you liked the inline menu in 1Password X as the beta versions of 1Password X and 1Password for Mac support a universal unlock but we only have a Chrome beta extension to the best of my knowledge and you mentioned Firefox. Once its present in a stable version for both that probably will be your best option but for now I'd say experimenting to see if Firefox syncs the enabled state and whether it allows you to disable extension sync.

This discussion has been closed.