Feature request: Global account

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for feature requests.

I live in a country where we have a digital ID that is used widely across multiple sites - both for governmental sites and commercial sites.
This means it would be almost impossible to add all these sites to a single account.

I have wondered why there is not a feature that allows to create a global account, that can be used without being siteaware?
Is it possible to add this to the 1password product?

Regards,
Ibrar

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ibrar! Welcome to the forum!

Also thank you for the feedback. I think there would be some security considerations we would have to make before implementing a login that would work on every website (I am thinking about phishing sites).

Having said this, you can pretty much implement this yourself manually already: in this 1Password item, you can add several website URLs, and this login will work on each of those websites. Can you please give that a try and see if it helps?

• Ibrar
    Ibrar
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

Thanks, and thanks for your quick reply.
    I absolutely agree on the security considerations.
    They have a website, translated to English, where you guys can seek more information about the solution: https://www.nemid.nu/dk-en/

I think we are talking about several thousand websites using NemID, so adding and maintaining these sites manually will be cumbersome.

Regards,

Ibrar Ashraf

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Ibrar, thank you for the link to the website. :)

I can see how this could be useful to you, however I cannot make any promises. Right now, while not ideal, the best solution is adding the URLs to your login item as you encounter them. Luckily there is no need to enter thousands of different URLs at the same time :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.