An offer to save passwords doesn't appear in Google Chrome while I use 1password extension as before

Options

Normaly when I made a web registration Google Chrome offered to save the login as well as 1password. However recently Google Chrome has stopped to display such dialog. I noticed that respective option in Google Chrome Settings is dimmed probably intentionally by 1password extension. I'm used to and I need to work with both systems (1password and Goofgle Chrome password). So a further use of 1password app with such resctriction is not acceptable.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 1.14.2
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:google chrome Offer to save passwords

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dataapex: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If you're using 1Password X (it looks like you are, based on the version) in your browser, that is separate from the desktop app, and only the desktop app can pop up a dialog outside the browser to save the way like you seem to be expecting. But if you use the 1Password desktop extension instead, that will be possible:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• dataapex
    dataapex
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot, I replaced the manager by the extension and everything seems working now :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.