Can and cannot log in

Options
yvettenl
yvettenl
Community Member

Hi,

• I have bought on my iMac 1 password (50 euro's)
  • I have installed 1 password on my phone and ipad as well. Unfortunaly I cannot log in on my phone (I have forgotten the main password)
    neither use my fingerprint anymore.

• I CAN however log in pure on fingerprint on my ipad (but the ipad is from my office).

• I CANNOT log in on my iMac because I need the password which I can't remember.

1) How can I log in again on the other two? (iphone, imac) without having to rebuy it?
2) And how can I redeem my main password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @yvettenl

The most important thing at this point is going to be preserving your data so that it is not lost. To that end I would recommend signing up for a 1Password membership trial at https://start.1password.com/sign-up/plan in a web browser on a computer. As part of this process you'll be given an Emergency Kit. Please print that, and write in your chosen Master Password on it. Then, on the iPad, sign in to that membership and migrate your data to the membership. Detailed instructions can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Please pay special attention to the instructions about deleting the Primary vault from each device. This is a critical step. Once your data is preserved there are a couple of ways forward. You can revert to using 1Password standalone, or you can upgrade to the membership. I'd highly recommend considering the latter. For one, it gives you the Emergency Kit, which is immensely helpful in a situation like this:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

There are a number of other benefits as well, which you can read about here:

About 1Password membership

If you ultimately decide to revert to standalone you'll need to delete your 1Password data from your chosen sync service. For Dropbox this can be accomplished by deleting any .agilekeychain or .opvault files from your Dropbox folder. For iCloud you need to do this on one device:

• Mac: In 1Password, choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data.
    • iOS: Open and unlock 1Password, then tap Settings > Advanced. Scroll down and tap Erase iCloud Data.

The remainder of the instructions for that can be found here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• yvettenl
    yvettenl
    Community Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the explanation. It looks like I've migrated all info with the emergency kit. I have a new account. However, I have received an email saying:

Hi.....
    This email is just letting you know that your "............." account is now subscribed. You'll receive a full invoice from us when your payment is processed.

Your active subscription
    1Password (Annual)

You can see the status of your subscription at any time by visiting the Billing page.
    Thanks so much for being a 1Password customer!"

By the way, I could not close the old vault as I needed my old password for that. So data has been saved and I can get in it from all devices. Very pleased with that. Downside is paying full membership (50 euro's) again?

yvettenl

• Ben
    Options

@yvettenl

I'm glad to hear that worked out. Going forward, have you decided if you'd like to upgrade to a membership or revert to standalone usage? I would highly recommend the former. Membership is the best way to use 1Password. We no longer advertise standalone usage / licenses. If you do decide to go that route I'd recommend reaching out to our billing team for further assistance. You can reach them at support+billing@1password.com. Please email in from the email address associated with your membership. With your email please include a link to this discussion (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/102823/). If you'd prefer to revert to standalone usage the instructions can be found above. To add, I'd recommend once you've got everything squared to delete the membership account to avoid being billed:

How to delete your 1Password account

If you've set up billing with Apple or Google instead of with us directly you would also need to cancel billing with them. If you've set up billing with us then deleting the account will cancel the subscription.

Thanks.

Ben

• yvettenl
    yvettenl
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I seem the miss the understanding between the standard alone account and a membership?
    What I have always had was that I was able to log in from every device and could use all categories I wanted. I have never been billed after that and was very happy with that. Is that the same as a standard alone account?
    If I have a membership will I be billed €50 every year? Why would I do that if I get exactly the same without being billed? What do I not understand?

• Ben
    Options

@yvettenl

There are currently two ways to use 1Password:

With a 1Password membership:

• Your subscription includes the 1Password apps across all platforms, with all updates and upgrades for as long as your membership is active. We'd always recommend keeping up to date with the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser. You are out of date (fairly significantly) on both macOS as well as 1Password. Membership makes that easier as you never have to worry about buying new versions of 1Password separately. They're included.
    • Once you sign in to your account in 1Password on a new device, all of your data is instantly available - no need to set up third-party sync. 1Password.com is a tailor made solution for syncing 1Password data, rather than a generic data storage / sync provider. It was build from the ground up to address the concerns and difficulties with syncing using the previously available options with standalone usage.
    • Automatic off-site backups are included.
    • Per-item backups are made automatically so you always have a safe copy of your data off of your devices, and can roll back to a previous version of an item if a change is accidentally made.
    • The Emergency Kit is available, and gives you all of the details you need to sign in to your account should you need them (which seemingly would've been very handy to have had in this case).
    • 1Password accounts include access to your data via a web browser (https://my.1password.com).

As a standalone product:

• You purchase licenses for each platform separately.
    • These licenses include all in-version updates, but a major version upgrade (such as 1Password 7) will require a separate purchase.
    • Your vault(s) are by default only stored on the device you create them on. If you like you can opt to sync with a third party service (Dropbox or iCloud.) If you do not set up sync, your data will remain only on your one device.

The former (membership) is the best way forward. We're no longer advertising the standalone option. Membership is a subscription service. For an individual account the price is $2.99 USD + tax per month when invoiced annually ($35.88 USD + tax per year). A 1Password 7 for Mac single user license, for example, is $64.99 USD + tax. I understand you've already invested in a license. I'd recommend reaching out to our billing team as outlined above for assistance in transitioning to a membership. I'm sure they'd be happy to offer some consideration for your previous purchase.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.