How Do I Uninstall 1Password if the App won't accept my password?

Options
AnthonyRoss
AnthonyRoss
Community Member

My Master Password works on iPhone and in Safari but it won't let me into APP.

I am trying to uninstall APP on Mac but I can't follow the Quit Completely instructions as I cant get into the APP????

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AnthonyRoss: That's 1Password mini. Open the main 1Password app from your Applications folder, or a Spotlight search. Then you can reset it from the Help menu, under Troubleshooting. After that, you can setup the Mac app the same way as your iPhone, by signing into your 1Password account. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• AnthonyRoss
    AnthonyRoss
    Community Member
    Options

The main Applications folder won't let me in either..My master password won't work on Mac?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AnthonyRoss: The app will only unlock using the Master Password of the first vault/account you have setup in it. There is no harm in trying many times, but you won't be able to "get into" 1Password there without entering whatever you set it up with. That's why I suggested resetting it, and setting it up like your other devices. :)

• AnthonyRoss
    AnthonyRoss
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help but I am deleting account and will try another option. Too complicated for me

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that. Indeed, if you choose different Master Passwords for different things, it can be tough to keep track of. That's why we always recommend using a single long, strong, unique Master Password. If you change your mind and want help getting sorted, just let us know.

This discussion has been closed.