To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Both secret key and emergency kit not available how to access from windows browser?

Options
smeik
smeik
Community Member

Hi,
I’m using 1password apps on my IOS device I want to transfer my data to an android new phone but to do so I need to get an emergency kit that I did not save earlier or secret key to proceed.
I went to this link https://support.1password.com/emergency-kit/ to obtain the emergency kit but there were no explanation of how to get the emergency kit from IOS apps. It gives me only MAC , windows and android instructions and since I do not have the secret key to follow your instruction I could not continue. So How I can get the emergency kit from IOS app or how I can get it from windows browser without having the secret key?

On the other hand I went to the link https://support.1password.com/secret-key/ to obtain the secret key from my IOS device, I entered the “setting tap” 1password account but there was not “revel your secret key” tab! So again I could not proceed.
I’m not sure wither I have a secret key or no but I wonder how I can learn my secret key if its available to obtain the emergency kit or how I can obtain the emergency kit without knowing the secret key?

Please advise what to do?
Thank you

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 12.2
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:Both secret key and emergency kit not available how to access from windows browser?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@smeik: The Emergency Kit is not available in the app, but through the website. However, your Secret Key and other account details are available in your account settings in the app where you've already signed in:

https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

However, you will have none of those things unless you have a 1Password membership:

https://support.1password.com/why-membership/

If you're using the standalone app without a membership and syncing a local vault with iCloud, you don' have an account. iCloud is not available on Android, so you would need to use a different sync method. A 1Password membership is a good option because it includes everything, and all you need to do is sign into your account on each device to access your data.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• smeik
    smeik
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your fast reply. This is much appreciated.

I have one more question please.
    Right now I’m not thinking to join the 1pasword membership I already paid money for the app. Is there any way to learn my current emergency kit without having a secret code?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@smeik: You're welcome! :) You could make an "emergency kit" yourself, with all the information you need to access your 1Password data. But again, you will only have an account and the ability to access your 1Password data on any device just by signing in with a 1Password membership.

• smeik
    smeik
    Community Member
    Options

As far as I understood that I wont be able to obtain my emergency kit unless I make a membership that I currently do not want to spend money now. If this true this is disappointing to me.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@smeik - this is several years old -- well before we debuted 1password.com memberships -- but a productivity blog introduced their own version of an “emergency kit" a while back; perhaps you'd find it useful?

To be clear, the document at the above link is NOT affiliated with 1Password and definitely not part of any 1password.com account; it's merely a formalized way to store some of your 1Password data such as Master Password and location of your vault, on paper, in case of an emergency. If you choose to use it, the usual cautions about securing it in a floor safe or safety deposit box or with a trusted friend or attorney would apply to this as well. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.